Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Update on the Harvest Pesto

The week is flying by, and I am a little afraid we will not have a new pesto recipe for this week. BUT! We did eat the last of the Harvest Pesto last night, and we were out of regular noodles, so we used Korean sweet potato starch noodles. These are clear noodles with a springy, chewy texture. We bought ours at the Chinese market, dry, and they came in a plastic sack.

We had never before tried any kind of clear noodles with pesto, but this combination was surprisingly good. I think the slight sweetness of the apple in the Harvest Pesto meshed well with the (very) faint sweetness of the noodles.

It is true I will eat almost any kind of pesto and any kind of noodles, so maybe I'm a biased taster. :) But if you happen to have some of these Korean noodles around, give them a try with some pesto, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment